Financial Accounting Manager
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- A unicorn with a team of >250 people, recently expanded into the US
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs and most recently OTPP (Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan) in 2022
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes. We launched our loans product in the US in 2022 with more product launches to follow this year!
Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1.
- Work in small teams of exceptional people who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo.
- Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning, and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, smart and motivated Senior Accounting Manager to join our team.
- Lead the accounting team.
- Ownership of the monthly financial statements for all group companies, including consolidated balance sheet, P&L, and cash flows, ensuring accuracy and delivery within set timelines.
- Prepare individual product P&Ls and report them to product MDs.
- Ensuring necessary balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Manage accounting records, and financial controls, ensuring compliance with company accounting policies and the relevant accounting standards.
- Support the continuous improvement of financial controls across all existing and new areas of the business.
- Provide insights into monthly variances and KPIs, and work with teams across the business.
- Responsible for ensuring transactions and reconciliations are kept up-to-date, and accounting software is maintained by the finance team.
- Assist in preparation for the annual audit of the financial statements.
- The position reports to the Finance Director.
What do you need to succeed in this role:
Be a responsible person who is comfortable managing and executing critical tasks, you'll have strong problem-solving skills.
You have previously managed a team.
Attention to detail is key with the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously, organise, and prioritise those tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
You are prepared to be hands-on (e.g. from preparing working papers and journals up to reviewing complex accounting/tax entries).
Relevant industry experience is preferred.
The interview process:
We try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
A 30 minute video call with one of the team
Onsite Interview with the FD, finance team and management team
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity and holiday allowance.
- We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace possible.