Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of >250 people
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs and most recently OTPP (Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan) in 2022
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes. We launched our loans product in the US in 2022 with more product launches to follow this year!
Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1
- Work in small teams of exceptional people who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning, and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
What's the job
We’re looking for a PHP engineer to join our engineering team. This is the team that put the Tech in FinTech, our current tech team is around 120 strong and has helped transform finance by building a next-generation lending platform, and a next-gen credit card and they’re at it again with another brand new product launching this year.
There’s a lot to do, from building and integrating new APIs to further improve the customer journey and optimising the lending platform to deep architectural discussions and development of brand-new product platforms.
Our Tech Stack
- PHP 8
- Symfony 6
- Typescript, React, React Native, NextJS, SCSS, Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, Detox, Redux
- GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, and Jenkins - we deploy to production as soon as we finish a feature
- Behat, PHPUnit, Jest, Selenium, and Detox for automated testing
What we’re looking for
- Modern PHP is a must, with strong knowledge of the ecosystem
- A good understanding of a modern PHP framework like Symfony, Zend or Laravel
- A strong grasp of software engineering fundamentals - paradigms, patterns and best practice
- Strong automated testing skills
- A keen desire to want to learn and input into a highly collaborative team
- If you’ve worked in a Kanban environment, it would be a plus but not needed
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- A short coding exercise to complete in your own time
- Onsite or Video Interview
- Discuss the exercise you completed
- Meet the team you’ll work with daily
Check out our blog
We also have an engineering blog where we have written in more detail about how we work in the engineering team.
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunch in the office every Tuesday-Thursday
- We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London