Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of over 350 people
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1
- Work in small teams of exceptional people, who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Procurement to lead our procurement function. As the Head of Procurement at Lendable, you will play a critical role in optimising costs, managing risks, and streamlining our vendor management process.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive procurement strategy, driving cost savings, enhancing vendor performance, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures. This is a unique opportunity to stand up our procurement function as we continue to grow.
Develop and execute a strategic procurement plan aligned with Lendable's goals and culture
Oversee and manage the end-to-end procurement process, including sourcing, documented risk-based due diligence and ongoing monitoring, vendor selection, contract negotiation, and supplier relationship management, focusing on effective cost and risk management
Drive material cost savings through effective commercial negotiations with our key vendors, leveraging your expertise and market knowledge to secure favourable terms and conditions.
Establish robust performance management processes for our vendors, setting clear performance metrics, conducting regular evaluations, and implementing improvement plans.
Ensure holistic, cross-cutting oversight to identify synergies and avoid silos within our matrix organisational structure, fostering collaboration and communication between vertical teams.
Proactively manage and mitigate key vendor risks, working closely with stakeholders across the business to develop frameworks and implement governance measures.
Personally get involved in ad hoc procurement activities, such as investor-requested due diligence tasks, managing supplier relationships, and resolving any operational issues as the need arises
What do you need to succeed in this role?
Proven experience (3+ years) in a senior procurement role in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with hands-on experience procuring SaaS and operational vendors (e.g. BPO)
Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to solve unstructured problems with minimal support
Exceptional hands-on approach, being scrappy and getting your hands dirty with day-to-day procurement activities
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
High level of integrity and ethical conduct, ensuring compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
Nice to have: At least 3 years experience in the financial services industry and familiarity with FCA regulation and US agency guidance (or otherwise being willing to build expertise in the UK and USFS sector)
The interview process
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role, we’d expect:
A quick phone call with our people team
Remote, first-round interview including a short contract renewal exercise
- Final Onsite Interview
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days, we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal-opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London.