Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of just over 250 people
- Among the top 10 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.8/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
Join us if you want to
- Take ownership across a broad remit. You are trusted to make decisions that drive a material impact on the direction and success of Lendable from day 1
- Work in small teams of exceptional people, who are relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in-house, using new data sources, machine learning and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
About the role
As we grow, we’re looking to expand our complaints-handling team. We’re looking for an amazing complaints officer to help us investigate and resolve our most complex customer interactions to benefit our customers and Lendable.
Your team’s objectives
Lendable aims to resolve all complaints in a timely manner, and in a way that is thorough and fair to our customers. Lendable operates in a highly regulated industry and must comply with applicable rules and guidelines.
We work hard to ensure our products meet our customers’ expectations, but we also know that nothing is perfect and we value all feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve and develop our products and services. Our ability to handle complaints effectively for our customers, and therefore to the benefit of us as a business, has never been more important than now; as we expand our existing products in the UK and US financial markets.
How you’ll impact those objectives
The ideal candidate will have experience resolving complex customer interactions and have an aptitude for investigating, analysing, and problem-solving. You’ll work closely in an intimate team, alongside other complaints officers, to get to the bottom of complaints in our loans, cards and auto-finance products. Prior experience in handling complaints in the finance sector is desirable, but not necessary.
You will be responsible for communicating with the complainant* and will enjoy finding solutions that meet our customers’ expectations, within the parameters of what we can do as a business, and will exercise professionalism in writing up formal responses. You will also help to translate customer complaints into product and process improvements throughout the rest of the operations team, and throughout Lendable as a business.
The interview process
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role, we’d expect:
A quick phone call with one of the team
Discuss the exercise you completed
Meet the team you’ll work with daily
Meet the exec team
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days, we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunches in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We care for our Lendies’ well-being both physically and mentally, so we offer the highest coverage when it comes to private health insurance.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal-opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London.